History and Ethos
The original Dr Challoner's Grammar School was founded in 1624 in Amersham by Robert Chaloner. Through the centuries the school developed to reflect changing educational needs, becoming co-educational in 1906. By 1962 the increase in school population resulted in the decision to build a new school to house the girls on a separate site in Little Chalfont. Dr Challoner's High School opened at its present site in 1962 where it is set in over 20 acres of green belt countryside.
On 1st August 2011 the school became an Academy.
We take girls from ages 11 – 18 years and currently have 1054 pupils on roll, including 300 in the Sixth Form.
At Challoner’s, results speak for themselves with a GCSE pass rate of 99% A*-C grades in 2010 and almost 90% of girls achieving grades A*, A and B at A level in 2011.
"we educate, we enrich, we enable"
To provide a secure, stimulating and happy environment where life-long learning and academic rigour flourish.
To nurture each girl in our care so that she feels valued and is able to develop into a confident, caring and socially responsible adult.
To strive for excellence in all we do.
To develop well-balanced individuals with the intellectual courage to question and reflect upon life and their learning.
To encourage our students to embrace opportunities, challenges and change.
To develop a mutually supportive community in which respect, integrity and tolerance inform our thinking and actions.
To foster good citizenship so that students participate in and contribute to the wider society.
To develop as a community so that all members (pupils, staff, parents, governors, friends and associates) feel appreciated, a part of the whole and remain proud of and loyal to the school