Dr Challoner’s High School welcomes applications for admission to Year 7 and Year 12.   In addition, we can occasionally take students into Years 8, 9 and 10 if a place becomes available.   There are no admissions made to Year 11 or Year 13 as GCSEs and A Levels respectively are two year courses.  

The process for gaining admission is different for each year group and specific guidance is offered below.   Please read the relevant links and if you have further queries then contact the school on in the first instance.    You will receive a reply from either Michelle McCluskey or Jill Preston, School Secretaries or from a member of the Senior Leadership Team.

We will be inviting applications for Year 12 from September 2016 in November.   Details and the application form will be posted on this webpage.



Admissions - from September 2017 (we will be admitting 180 students in September 2017)  
Admissions - from September 2016  
If you have a query about admissions to Years 7- 10

Year 7

Years 8 - 10

Admission to Sixth Form  Sixth Form prospectus  
Application Form - Sixth Form  


Application Forms

Application Form (Years 8-10) Immediate Transfer Test
Application Form (Years 8 - 10) Late Transfer Test March 2017
FSM (Free School Meals)


Appeal Timetable
Evidence Checklist
Appeal Types
Guidance Booklet

Children born between 1 September 2004 and 31 August 2005 will be moving up to secondary school to begin Year 7 in September 2016. If you would like your child to go to a Buckinghamshire grammar school then they need to take the Transfer Tests. If your child does not go to a Buckinghamshire LA primary school, you must register them to take the Transfer Tests and this can be done on the Buckinghamshire County Council website -

MOVING UP TO SECONDARY SCHOOL IN SEPTEMBER 2017 – Information from Buckinghamshire County Council
Who needs to register for the Transfer Test?
Children who attend a Buckinghamshire LA primary school are automatically registered and will sit the tests in their current school.
Children who attend Partner Schools need to be registered for testing; however they will sit the tests in their current school.
Children who attend all other schools will need to be registered for testing, and will sit the tests at central venues in Buckinghamshire.
How do parents register for Testing?
BCC will be using their online application portal for parents to register their child for testing, and this will be accessed via the Grammar Schools and Transfer Test page on their website.
Please note that parents will be registering for the Transfer Test only and not applying for a place in a specific school. BCC will provide parents with supporting information which makes this clear and also guides them step-by-step through the registration process.

Bucks County Council Admissions and Transport Team

Contact us form - www/

Webiste -